https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Blogs Of Note

The gerbil that runs the generator for my internet provider must have gone on vacation because I was down most of the weekend.

There are a couple of things that came up over the weekend that I want to pass on.

Great Contest

The really big news is that Zoe Winters is having a heck of a giveaway in honor of her release Blood Lust. Zoe is giving away a Kindle (and possibly two) if she lands in the top 25 at the Kindle store.

What makes this especially nice is that the contest is super-easy. (Thank you, Zoe!)

Give 'Blood Lust' a try! --Boy, that sounds weird. LOL. But you know what I mean.

***
Debut Authors

I was contacted by Katrina Archer to guest on her blog for a new feature called Prime Writing. This is ONLY for debut authors, which no longer makes me qualified, but I promised to pass on the info to you guys.

Thank you Mac Stone for sending Kat my way!

***
Money Saving Tip
And finally, this has nothing to do with writing but I thought this was a great idea.

For those of us who use razors you know how expensive they are to replace blades. The Damsel had a post (along with video) on how to extend the life of those blades.

I tried it on a razor that wasn't quite dull yet, but it did seem to glide smoother after I followed these steps. It's worth a try.

By the way, I love Old School, The Damsel In Dis Dress. She always has wonderful household tips. It's on my must-reads.

***

Programming note: I'll be posting a little later than normal on Wednesday because I hope to have some news I can share. Be sure to come back and visit me.

Off to catch up with everyone. I missed many of you over the weekend due to that blasted gerbil.

Huzzah! We're only in the mid 90s now. All of us are dancing in the streets in celebration of the cold snap.
What did you do over the weekend? Is the weather changing by you?

23 comments:

Mike Keyton said...

Great blog shout-outs. Especially keen on making a razor last until the apocolypse

Maria Zannini said...

Mike: I don't know about the UK, but those 4 and 5 blade razorblades are ridiculously expensive here.

Falen (Sarah) said...

ooh thanks for these. I've been away for 2 weeks and have missed out on quite a lot of fun

Katrina said...

Thanks for the mention, Maria!

Linda Leszczuk said...

Silly gerbil.

Wendy Ramer said...

We're still well in the 90s, so that would a big NO for weather change. But I'm a native and no spring chicken at that. I know we don't get a reprieve until November.

Maria Zannini said...

Falen: You're welcome. I am here doing my public service. :)

Maria Zannini said...

Katrina: You're welcome! I've got you on my reader so I'll be sure to catch all your interviews.

Maria Zannini said...

Linda: They need a bigger gerbil.

Wendy: You're still in hurricane season too. No rest for you.

Lynda Young said...

Great collection of links :) I'm looking forward to wednesday for your news

Maria Zannini said...

Lynda: Heh, I'm looking forward to it too. :o)

jackie b central texas said...

I have to come back tomorrow and check out some of your links!

Weather wise it was not too bad this weekend and late this afternoon WE GOT RAIN! The hummers have decided to make me go broke on nectar in a week they have gone through 3 whole bottles of food and today 2 feeders full in the front yard are now empty again!

I have some really pretty little birds to watch though so it is worth it...

One thing of note, do not drink when reading this one, we now are the proud neighborhood that has it's own PET BUZZARD.... That is correct a PET BUZZARD, you know the carrion eating bird that hangs out on the sides of the main highways waiting for a chance to eat roadkill!

I am so ashamed of my sweetie he spent money to FEED A BUZZARD, ick...

jackie ^_^

Shelley Munro said...

Razor blades don't seem to last for long these days. I'm definitely off to check out this blog.

Maria Zannini said...

Jackie: I am soooo afraid to ask what your sweetie is feeding that buzzard.

You have got to take pictures. It's not everyone who has a pet buzzard.

Maria Zannini said...

Shelley: You will love The Damsel. She has the absolute best tips.

Angela said...

I think the gerbil running the generator for you IP decided to visit my hamster and have a party while I did some OT work at the "paying" gig this weekend. They must have caught some football on tv and got mad at one of the teams b/c his food bowl was knocked over even though I just refreshed his food. Hmmm...

Maria Zannini said...

Angela! It's so good to hear from you.

Yup. It's a conspiracy, I tell ya. Gerbils and hamsters hanging out together. What's next? Dogs and cats on Facebook?

Heather B. Moore said...

I guess I'll just have to wait very patiently for that news :)

Jennifer Shirk said...

Oooh, what news????

Maria Zannini said...

@Heather
@Jennifer

Patience, my dearies. :o)

Shirley Wells said...

Ooh, you tease. It's Wednesday. I'm waiting. :)

Kim said...

We had a break in the heat/humidity for a few days, but now it's starting to creep back up. Summer's going to squeeze as much frizz and misery outta us as possible before surrendering to fall... :D

Barbara Ann Wright said...

I am also enjoying the "cold snap" going through TX right now! Hurrah!