https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Blind Trust

What dream have you held onto the longest? What goal, project or love have you clung to even when no one believed in it but you?

Today's guest post is about trusting your instincts even when you don't know where they're taking you. Kait Nolan invited me on her blog and asked me about True Believers and how it came about.

Oh, Lord. She just had to ask.

True Believers had the dumbest and shakiest beginning any book could have. I was embarrassed to even tell her the story. What made it particularly silly is that I wrote this novel with absolutely no intention of publishing it. I was not a writer, and would not be a writer for at least twenty-five more years. 

But I wrote it, and hung on to it even when common sense told me to throw it in the trash. 

Go and visit Kait for the rest of the story. Then you tell me: How long have you held on to your dream?

***

To see where I've been and where I'm going, check out the Blog Tour Page. Thursday, I have a special treat. I am trading blogs with Liz Fichera. Woo hoo!

***

Have you voted for me at RT Reviews? If you're waiting for cookies, I'm working on 'em. Go vote while I finish baking.

...oh, you've heard about my baking, eh? Okay, these cookies might take a while.

13 comments:

Sherri said...

Heck yeah, I voted! No cookies needed though if you're offering, something with lots of chocolate please. :grin:

Maria Zannini said...

Thank you, Sherri!

Linda Leszczuk said...

I voted. I'd vote again but that's a no-no. No cookies allowed for this dieter. Hmmm. But if I win...aw, what the heck, I'll splurge!

Cathy in AK said...

One of my kids' favorite sayings: Come over to the dark side...We have cookies!

OK, off to vote!

jackie b central texas said...

I have to say if the book really started out as a "dream" 30 years before you actually got True Believers published that was one heck of a good dream! Glad you stuck with it Maria, and as for the cookies I like animal crackers personally!


jackie >_<

Maria Zannini said...

Linda: Yup, it's one vote per computer. Of course, that doesn't mean your buddy in the next cube can't vote. Tell him how cute my dog is. :grin:

Maria Zannini said...

Cathy: I love that saying. That is so me. :)

Thanks for your vote, hon! I really appreciate it.

Maria Zannini said...

Jackie: I'm serious. I had no intention of publishing it. It was just a strange compulsion I had to get it down on paper--as if I was afraid I would lose it.

Several times I thought about tossing out the notebooks, but I never did. Now I'm glad I didn't.

Linda Leszczuk said...

It's one vote per computer? I thought it was by login/account name. Hmmmm. I need to wander around the building...

Maria Zannini said...

Well, to be honest, I don't really know because I only have one computer. But that's what I've heard.

Barbara Ann Wright said...

I hope I'll never give up on my dream of being published, and I'm always happy for people who've made it, like you!

Maria Zannini said...

Thanks, Barbara. I've always loved the quote JA Konrath made famous.

What do you call a writer who never gives up?

Published.

Dru said...

I voted.