https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Blog Lite

It's going to be a light blog week since (US) Thanksgiving is this week, so we'll make this Announcement Day.

The winner of a copy of True Believers from those who entered over at Bitten By Paranormal Romance is Lia Bal. Lia, if you'll let me know whether you want that in pdf or Kindle, I will email it to you promptly. 

The grand prize blog tour winner will be announced on Wednesday.

Followers: 
I was thrilled to see several new followers add themselves to the Friend Connect list during the course of the blog tour. Thank you! 

Blogger, belligerent beast that it is doesn't email any sort of notice. Most of the time I glance over to the right hand column and see that the number has risen. But unless the new follower leaves a comment and tells me, I have no way of knowing for sure who it is.

If you followed me recently and I haven't followed back, leave me a comment with your blog url so I can add myself to your list.

I have been incredibly blessed with some amazing friends and thoughtful readers. Recently, Dru, Linda Leszczuk, Jackie Burris, and Ronda Tutt have written beautiful and heartfelt pleas to their readers to vote for my entry, Mistress Of The Stone.

I don't know what I did to deserve such selfless acts of kindness, but I will strive to make sure your confidence in me is not misplaced. 

I don't have a huge following so you can imagine how moved I've been by your support. I mentioned your posts to Greg the other day, and he said: You have good friends.

You better believe it.

~Thank you.~

Yes, the contest is still going on until 11-28-10. If you haven't already done so, please vote.

***

The blogosphere will probably be pretty light this week. We'll have to depend on the rest of the world to keep us entertained while we're marinating the turkey--and ourselves.

So American friends, are you traveling for Thanksgiving or keeping it local? How do you feel about the TSA debacle? I'm hearing the TSA is 'reconsidering' its touchy-feely stand.

See you on Wednesday for the BIG reveal.

30 comments:

Lia Bal said...

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!!!

I’m doing my happy dance right now as I don’t have to wait until December (and until the credit limit on my credit card has more availability on it) to buy your book. Thank you so much and I’d like the book in pdf format please. :-)

Joanna St. James said...

congratulations Lia.
I was at the airport in Nice and completely dissolved into giggles when I was being felt up. They told me to open wider, I could not help it. Luckily they all had a sense of humor and giggled at all the cupping going on

Maria Zannini said...

Lia: On it's way. Congrats!

Maria Zannini said...

Joanna: Holy moley. I don't think I could do it. I'm very ticklish too. They'll think I'm going into epileptic seizures.

Kim said...

I'm cooking for a dozen (at last count, the number keeps changing) family/friends this year. It's going to be a zoo.

Thank GOD for wine. :D

Maria Zannini said...

Kim: A dozen people! Pass the wine. LOL.

I would be scared to cook for that many. What if they didn't survive my cooking? Worse yet. What if they did?

Good luck, Kim. I'll be thinking of you slaving away in the kitchen. I hope you get helpers (who brought wine). :)

Mason Canyon said...

Good luck with the contest. Love your entry. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

jackie b central texas said...

Not traveling, cooking for myself and my husband and my Mom... Starting Wednesday with all the time consuming wait until it cools to fix it stuff as we eat Thanksgiving meal at lunch time not 3 or 4 pm and I refuse to get up at 3 am the day of and do all the small stuff!

You do have good friends who do have lot's of faith in your talent, after all reading your blog posts every day shows it off just as well as the wonderful book stories you have given us to read!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all your guys!


jackie >_<

Sherri said...

We weren't going to travel but with the oven out of order, we kinda got a bee up our butts and are now thinking of driving to Oregon for T-day. Crazy people that we are...it's only 18 hours each way :snort:

Hope you have a wonderful holiday Maria!

Maria Zannini said...

Mason: Thank you. That means a lot coming from you. Happy Thanksgiving!

Maria Zannini said...

Hi Jackie, I wish I knew where we are going to be for Thanksgiving. We're sort of playing it by ear. But as long as there's family, that's holiday enough. Have a great Thanksgiving, hon.

Maria Zannini said...

Sherri: 18 hours for a quick jaunt, eh? I might be willing to do it--but not with kids. That requires super human mommy powers. LOL

Happy Thanksgiving, Sherri. Be safe no matter what you do this year.

Ronda Tutt said...

Congrats Lia Bal on winning "True Believers" - It is a great read.

Maria you have a great Thanksgiving, I am cooking so will have here at my house.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Meghan Schuessler said...

Yeah, what is up w/ Blogger not sending new follower notifications? If I didn't have such a small number of followers, I wouldn't be able to keep track of when I got new ones! ;-)

I'm not doing much for Thanksgiving, I have a small family (mom, dad & sister) and we just eat at my parents' house. Borrrrrrrrrrring lol!

N. R. Williams said...

I'll be home on Turkey day. TSA will shut down some airlines if they don't lighten up. I for one will drive if at all possible.

New followers: If you click on the picture it will tell you who it is, what blogs they're following and if they have a blog. I just figured that one out myself.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, fantasy author

Maria Zannini said...

Ronda: What time is dinner? Maybe I can sneak out and make it to your house instead. LOL.

Have a great holiday!

Maria Zannini said...

Meghan: There's always a bright side. You don't have to dress up and impress anyone. And you don't have to do all the cooking.

Eat hearty and drink deep. :)

Maria Zannini said...

Nancy: I hope your shoulder will be better by Thursday. No heavy lifting for you, missy.

Ref: followers
Well, in a perfect world, that would work. But sometimes their links aren't active even though I know they have active blogs. And if they don't have an avatar they get shoved to the end of the list as a faceless follower. So sad.

Blogger shouldn't make it so complicated. Just email us. That's the best way.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Nancy. Hope you're better soon.

Liz Fichera said...

Oh, Lia is so cool! So glad she won! :-)

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Maria!

Dru said...

You're going to the next round, I'm a true believer.

Maria Zannini said...

Liz: :-)

Dru: From your lips to God's ear.

Linda Leszczuk said...

I'll push for last minute votes around the office.

We're headed to my dad's for Thanksgiving. First year in his new home with his new wife. But it's driving distance so no touchy feelies for me.

Cathy in AK said...

Congrats, Lia!

We're staying home for Thanksgiving, just me, Hubby and the two kids. Which means I can cook, read,eat, read, and watch the kids/hubby clean up while wearing pajamas or sweats and reading :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Maria Zannini said...

Linda:
Ref: votes
Thanks, hon!

Ref: ...so no touchy feelies for me.
You sound almost disappointed. LOL. Kidding.

Have a safe journey. Happy Thanksgiving!

Maria Zannini said...

Cathy: ...watch the kids/hubby clean up...

What a perfectly wonderful plan. You cook, they clean. I wish I had thought of that--I might have had me a couple of kids too. LOL.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving, Cathy.

Amanda Borenstadt said...

I'm thankful I don't have to travel. All of our extended family live nearby. Wait, maybe I'm not so thankful. ;)

Have a great Thanksgiving! :)

Maria Zannini said...

Amanda: LOL! That's what you call irony.

I live far away from my family. Sometimes it's better that way. ;-)

Happy Thanksgiving, Amanda.

Amanda Borenstadt said...

LOL It sure is!
Thanks! :D

Sue Roebuck said...

Trust me, I only find you today when it's all over. Never mind, there'll be lots more...
Sue

Maria Zannini said...

Sue: All that matters is that you're here now. :)

I see you added yourself to the list. I will repay the favor promptly.

Thanks for coming over!