Ask Me Anything

I thought it'd be fun to have a FAQs page under my bio. 

Here's where you come in. Leave a comment or email me and ask me a question--something readers or writers might like to know. I'll pick a handful of those I liked the best (or those that made me laugh).

Not only will I add your question to my FAQs page, but I'll also give you credit for the question and include a link back to your blog or web site. 

Links are golden! Any time you can get your link on another blog or web site for gratis, you increase your chances of being noticed on a search. Believe me, it works!

I'll probably change out the questions every few months so people won't get bored with the same FAQs. If you don't get picked this time, don't worry. We'll probably do this again soon.

So what do you want to know about my crazy life? Ask me anything about me, my dogs, my homestead, or my writing. Extra credit for quirky. Unless you're Sherri Meyers or Krista Ball. You guys are already too quirky.

By the way, Krista did a hilarious guest post the other day on how to know if you're a no-name author over at Ginger Simpson's blog. I could relate to nearly every one of them.

And speaking of guest blogs, if you don't already know Mason Canyon, you must put her blog on your must-reads. She has so many diverse authors at her place. You're bound to find some new favorites.

If you're in the market for a new blog from a fellow writing soldier, check out Linda Leszczuk or Sarah Ahiers. Looking for someone who's been around the block a few times? I can recommend Cate Masters.

I wouldn't steer you wrong. You know I keep track of hundreds of bloggers. These guys are the real deal.

But back to you. What should I answer on my FAQs page? The funner, the better.

Comments

Dru said…
If you weren't writing, what would you be doing?

How many furbabies have you raised?

If you can travel anywhere in the solar system, where would you go and why?
Angela said…
If you had a crystal ball and could see anything you wanted, what would you choose?
Joanne said…
What's the first thing you wrote that really confirmed to you that you were a true writer?
Savannah Chase said…
I just wanted to say thank you for the great blog links...
Angelina Rain said…
Who are some of your writing inspirations?

Also, thanks for the links, I’ll have to check them out.
Sarah Ahiers said…
awww! Thanks for the shoutout!
Let's see, a question...

Did you always know you'd be a published author? Meaning, did you have a gut feeling before you were published that one day you'd make it?
Linda Leszczuk said…
Thanks for the shoutout. Here's a couple questions that leap to mind.

Do you name your chickens? I mean individually.

Is it true than you are totally addicted to puns? Especially real groaners.
Jackie said…
Bum knee not withstanding, how fast can you still run if you had to? Say if one of the wild lions from the sanctuary was going after Iko or Tank could you make it to some kind of weapon, besides your own voice, to get it to change it's mind?

Totally and even worse off the wall how good are you at carpentry? I know you know how to use a shovel to dig an irrigation ditch, what about power tools or even a hammer and nails?
Maria Zannini said…
You guys kill me! Terrific questions.

Savannah: Nice of you to stop by.

Linda: You are soooooo not punny. For those of you who don't know, Linda lives to torture me with the groaners on her blog.

Sherri & Krista: You know I luvs ya for your quirks. :o)

Jackie: Okay, I wasn't going to announce whose questions will get chosen until later--but I can say unequivocally, yours will get in. LOL! Greg was reading the comments to me and I couldn't stop laughing.

Keep 'em coming!
Jackie said…
Okay more questions you want more you shall have...

Today is your last day on earth before the long awaited impending alien invasion, how do you choose to spend it?

If you had one movie to pick from out of all the others you have seen which would be the one you would tell people not to waste their time with?

Of all the places that you have ever been in your life, which one was the hardest to leave behind when you moved away?

What is the hardest thing you have ever learned how to prepare to eat, ie the simplest to make but the hardest to learn to prepare?

If I think up any more will let you know later...
Meghan S. said…
You know that deal couples make, where there's that ONE celebrity that each of them thinks is really hot. On the teeny, tiny chance that this celebrity propositioned your spouse, you'd let your honey spend one night with him/her, no questions asked. Who would be the celebrity you'd choose as your "one"? And who would Greg choose? ;-)
Linda Leszczuk said…
An add on to Jackie's first question - if that alien invasion was landing in your back 40, would you hide or be there to greet them?
Mason Canyon said…
Thanks so much for the kind words and link. As for a question...if you could go back in time, what era would you want to live in and why?

Mason
Thoughts in Progress
oh gawd how can i beat the celeb sex question?
If you had to choose someone to play your MCs in a movie, who would they be?

How come I did not know you are hispanic? I would have bombarded you with a million questions
Questions? Okay, to follow up Meghan's celebrity sex Q, let's play "Marry, Boink, Kill." Name three celebrities: One you would marry if you weren't happily married, one you would boink for a wild weekend and then say goodbye with no regrets, and one you would terminate with extreme prejudice.
Maria Zannini said…
You guys are asking the most phenomenal questions!

I'm afraid of your celebrity sex questions though. What would Greg think? He knows how virtuous and pure I am.

LOL! Hey, I almost said that with a straight face.
Krista D. Ball said…
One of the best things about Angie and Brad being a couple is that I'd never need to choose... ;)

LOL

Maria, sorry, I could hear your cackle through the interwebz. If I could hear it, so could Greg.
Maria Zannini said…
Krista: I don't cackle. Okay, maybe a little. But it's a very modest cackle.
Stacy said…
Okay, here's one Maria - if you had to be suddenly turned into one of your own characters - which one would you be? Why?

Also, which character most fits you from the Wizard of Oz (won't ask which one you'd most like to boink!)

Fun!

Missed you lately - real life is getting in the way of my computer life!
If you could switch places with any of the characters in your books, would you do it?