https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Contest Grab Bag

There were a lot of entries for the critique prize! I wish I could have chosen additional winners, but crits are pretty labor intensive and I still have to write.

It came as no surprise that no one wanted the t-shirt. LOL. But I felt I had to offer something for those who didn't need or want the crit.

As promised, we have two winners.

The winner of the full manuscript critique is Ellie Garratt.
The winner of the 3 chapter critique is Sarah Ahiers.

Congratulations, ladies!  

We didn't reach 200 followers before the deadline to offer the query critique but I think I have an idea where a lot of people can benefit at once.

Would you be interested in doing a Query Blogfest? Everyone who signs up would post their query on the same week and we'd visit each blog and leave comments with suggestions or feedback.

What do you think? Leave me a comment either for or against the idea. If we get enough interest, I'll host it and list all the blogs that are participating. I promise to visit EVERY blog and give feedback to each query.


And now to other contests circulating in the blogosphere.

Speaking of Sarah Ahiers, she's giving away writing books. Go and visit her blog for this very nice prize package.

***
Help an author out. Kimberly Nee is running a contest to find a title for her next book. Hop over to her blog and email your suggestions no later than the end of the month.

I thought it was a great idea for a contest. And it's a good way to stretch your creative muscles.

***
Vampire lovers, Patricia Altner of Patricia's Vampire Notes has guest author, Derek Gunn on her blog. Leave a comment for a chance to win his Vampire Apocalypse series. Contest ends February 8, 2011.

***
NR Williams is holding a contest during her blog tour for her book, The Treasures of Carmelidrium. She's giving away 3 e-books when you leave a comment with your email address. The drawing will take place Feb. 1, 2011 on Nancy's blog.

***
The enchanting Victoria Dixon is also holding a Follower Contest. Assorted prizes, including critiques. Contest ends February 13, 2011.

***
UPDATE: Angela Felsted is giving away some awesome books in honor of her following. She's also holding a poetry competition. Go. Visit. Sign up. I'll still be here.

UPDATE: Krista Ball wants you to ask her questions. So far she is getting some very good questions--unlike the embarrassing ones you guys asked me. Why is that, I wonder? 

***
Writers, if you'd like to try your hand for a shot at the Backspace Writers Conference in New York, agent Janet Reid has all the deets on how to enter. Entries must be postmarked by March 15, 2011.

Costs being what they are, it's too rich for my blood even if someone paid for my conference fee. I'd have to sleep in the vestibule of Dru's building. Considering their recent weather, I think I'm safer here. I'm sure New York would be safer with me here too. :grin:


28 comments:

Ellie said...

I'm speechless, Maria. I can't believe I've won a full manuscript critique and I feel quite overcome with emotion. Thank you so much. You are a Grade A blogger!

The query blogfest sounds an awesome idea. I've never written a query letter so it would be a great way to learn what does or does not work, and to get some feedback.

Misha said...

Congrats to the winners!

And thanks for the links, Maria.

:-)

Maria Zannini said...

Congrats, Ellie. I'm looking forward to seeing your manuscript.

***
Misha: Thanks for stopping in! I'll be by your blog later today. I'm not sure if that's a warning or a threat. LOL!

Michelle H. said...

Congratulations Ellie and Sarah! And thank you Maria for having this contest!

Joanne said...

Congrats to the winners, and thanks for the great links to check out ... Happy Friday to you :)

Sherri said...

Congrats to the winners!

Oh linkies :)

Sarah Ahiers (Falen) said...

AHHHH!! SWEET! I can't believe i won! this totally made my day! Thansk so much! And thanks for the shout out.
I will send you an email post haste

Maria Zannini said...

Glad you guys like the links. I hope you'll visit everyone.

Sarah: Congrats! But will you still like me when it's over? LOL.

Krista D. Ball said...

Yay to the winners!

Angelina Rain said...

Congratulations to Ellie and Sarah. That’s such a cool prize.

Maria, I like the query letter blogfest idea. I would join. Actually, one of my blog tour stops will be talking about how to write the perfect query. I can’t wait for “Intimate Healing” to come out, as I have so many blog tour ideas for that one. And I would so love to stop at your blog (for the blog tour) when “IH” comes out. “IH” is for dog lovers, and you have two great dogs.

Angela Felsted said...

Congratulations winners, how lucky are you? And thank you Maria, for the links, and for posting about my giveaway and poetry contest. :)

Linda Leszczuk said...

Congratulations to Ellie and Sarah. Very lucky ladies indeed.

And thanks, Maria, for the info on the other contests/blogs. So much to see, so much to do.

Maria Zannini said...

Krista: I'll update the blog again to send people to you for your question fest.

Angelina: Email me, hon. We'll talk. :o)

Angela: You're welcome.

Linda: I'm still not talkin' to you. My retinas are scarred from the groaners on your blog. LOL!

I guess I should cut you some slack though. You are still sick.

Linda Leszczuk said...

Yeah, slack. I deserve slack. Lotsa slack.

Linda Leszczuk said...

Wait a minute. I included a couple coughs and wheezes in my last comment and your silly blog stripped them out. Unfair to the porly pitiful punster.

Kaye Manro said...

What a great idea to hold a Query Blogfest! I may be interested in participating.

Kim said...

Congrats to the winners! The Query Blogfest sounds like a great idea - i know writing queries are my biggest weakness. Grrr.

And thanks for the shoutout :)

Dru said...

I'll put you up on the daybed or better yet, you can sleep on the terrace - it's an oceanview ;)

Maria Zannini said...

Linda:
Ref: Wait a minute. I included a couple coughs and wheezes in my last comment and your silly blog stripped them out.

I have virus protection. :grin: One bout of flu is enough, thank you very much. Hope you turned the corner. That flu just zaps you to a wet rag.

Kaye and Kim: I have you down as 'yeas'

Maria Zannini said...

Dru: Is that inside or outside? :grin:

Brr. You guys have had it so bad. I hope it lets up soon.

Linda Leszczuk said...

Ref: I have virus protection. - ROTFL! (and you talk about my groaners)

Dru - stick her outside.

Krista D. Ball said...

Thanks Maria!

And, to address your concern, people are holding back on their questions because they are afraid of what will come out of my mouth ;) But, be not alarmed! I will ensure that all questions are answered with equal insanity! :)

Maria Zannini said...

Linda: Darn. I keep putting in filters, yet you keep getting through. :P

And no fair prompting Dru. It's cold in NY!

Maria Zannini said...

Krista: I don't think it matters whether they hold back on their questions. No one is safe from your answers.

--You got some good ones too. I might have steal one or two.

Dru said...

It did warm up to 30 ;)

Cate Masters said...

Congrats Ellie and Sarah!
A query blogfest sounds cool.
So does the Backspace Writers Conference. Wish I could afford to go. Maybe I'll try that contest...

Maria Zannini said...

Dru: That's about 40 degrees too cold for me. What can I say? I'm a wuss. LOL!

Cate: Try out for Backspace, Cate. You've got nothing to lose, and you're a lot closer than I am. If you win, I can live vicariously through you. :)

Madeleine said...

OOh congratulations to the winners! How exciting for you. :O)