And Yet More Doggy Goodness

Last week, Jackie Burris was featured on Cool Blogs, Haute Dogs and I absolutely fell in love with this blog. If you are a dog lover you MUST put Book Hounds on your radar. Mary Jacobs not only features bloggers and their dogs, but she reviews and gives away fantastic dog books. 

I've never steered you wrong, have I? Put this blog on your must-read right now.

To my utter delight, Mary wrote me and invited me and the boys to appear on her blog. We're there right now! I included a picture I don't think I've posted anywhere else before. It was taken the first week Iko arrived (in his pre-demon days). You can see the before and after of Iko's transformation.

Stop over there and take a look, then add Book Hounds to your reading list.

***

And more good news... 

I just found out this very minute that my cover for The Devil To Pay is at Alternative-Read.com for the Sassy Brit Book Cover Award. Apparently, they were late contacting me so I'll have to hustle to get people over there.

I have to warn you, it's not easy to navigate that site. There's just so much to see. I finally managed to scope out the competition and there are a lot of good covers. You'll forgive me if I still think my cover is the best. :p

Here is the direct link. To vote, go to the left of the sidebar where you'll see the whole list. The Devil To Pay is contestant #4. I hope you'll pass the word about.

UPDATE: The voting bar now appears to be on the right.

***

Update: The winner of Cathy Pegau's book, Rulebreaker is Abby Niles. Abby, Cathy will be contacting you soon.  Congrats!

Comments

Sarita Leone said…
So much fun news! Congrats on the book cover.

I'm off to check it all out...
Angelina Rain said…
I voted for your cover. Now I'm off to check out the dogs.
Unknown said…
Dogs and a sexy cover? This might be the blog post of my day. :-) Running over to vote ...

EJ
Maria Zannini said…
Thanks, guys. I don't know if it's my screen or what, but I accidentally clicked on someone else's cover. Oy!
I think those radio buttons are too little.
Angela Brown said…
Thanks for the heads up about the radio buttons. I'll be careful when I go to vote for your cover...which I have to admit is a smoking cover.
Cathy in AK said…
Congrats on the cover nomination. It is amazing. I'll pop right over to vote.

And I just picked a winner of a copy of Rulebreaker :)
Maria Zannini said…
Angela: Thanks. Looks like I'm still holding the rear brigade. :)

Cathy: I updated the blog. Congrats to Abby!
Ellie Garratt said…
Loved the post with your dogs!

Congratulations on the nomination. I'm on my way over to vote.
Linda Leszczuk said…
Great post on Book Hounds and wonderful pics. Such handsome boys.

And I voted on your cover.
Cate Masters said…
Just voted for you Maria - good luck!
Headed over to Book Hounds now. I can't resist dogs or books!
Jackie said…
First thanks for the shout out link love, glad you agreed to post over at Mary's she is a sweetie and love her weiner pup!

Tank and Iko are quite the pair, then and now Maria and those pictures are priceless memories!

Voted of course and tweeted and buzzed and fb shared and tumblr shared so your nomination is covered on all my bases so people should scope it out and hopefully vote for the best cover "The Devil To Pay".
Maria Zannini said…
Ellie: Thanks, hon.

Linda: I've always been partial to girl dogs, but these boys have been real charmers.

Cate: You will love that blog.

Jackie: You are a sweetheart. Sadly, either the votes aren't going in the right slot or people aren't interested in voting. My numbers don't seem to be moving.

Oh, well. I still think it's the best cover in the group.
Sarah Ahiers said…
congrats with the cover! And i'm off to check out the blog right now
Shelley Munro said…
Congrats. Your cover deserves the accolades. Off to vote and check out doggie pictures.
carla said…
Saw you and your puppers at Bookhounds and popped over.
Love your dogs!
My rat terriers say to tell them hi!
Maria Zannini said…
Sarah: Thanks, hon.

Shelley: I appreciate it, Shelley!

Carla: Welcome! And a smoochy kiss to your rat terriers. :) We are a dog-friendly blog here.
Mike Keyton said…
I've voted for the cover - of course! Might give the dogs a miss. Say hello to Ike from Mike. Just got back from Lille and facing an inbox of 200 + :) :(
Maria Zannini said…
Mike: I appreciate it!

Ref: emails
Emails go on, regardless of vacation. I hope they were all acceptance letters. :)
But I already read so many blogs! How many do you read in a day?
Maria Zannini said…
Barbara: There are more than 800 blogs on my radar, so when something makes me notice, I have to stop and tell people. :)