https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Back to Basics, the Blog

I never knew starting a new blog could be so stressful. I've been wanting to do this for a long time, but I was nervous. What if it failed? What if no one read it?

I'm comfy at this blog. Many of you are regular readers and commenters. We're friends and I talk to you like friends. But this new blog is different. It has to serve two purposes. 

• It must be able to deliver good, reliable content.
• It must be interesting enough for advertisers to invest in it.

The advertisers are secondary. But content is critical. I spent the last two months accumulating topics and tips. This week is purely a "get to know me" schedule. Next week is when the real fun begins. 

I haven't decided on prizes, but I think we'll have a contest to help introduce the new blog. It's contest-worthy, don't ya think?

Anyway, it's official. Getting Back to Basics is now open for business. Browse around. Click on links. And let me know if anything doesn't work on your browser. I'm going to spend this week making sure everything is filtering through Facebook and Twitter properly.   

When you visit, add yourself to Networked Blogs if you're on Facebook and Like her sister page, "The Frugal Way, Back to Basics".

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you--for all the support you've given me. I'm giddy with anticipation. I hope you like what I have planned.

19 comments:

Angelina Rain said...

Relax! The new blog will be fab and you will have lots of new friends to entertain. I'm heading that way now.

Raelyn Barclay said...

I have every confidence the new blog will be fabulous!

Angela Brown said...

I've already shared the link with a coworker so I'm sure it will grow and blossom just as this one has.

LD Masterson said...

Okay, I've Liked, Followed, and Shared the link on FB. It's so easy to recommend this since it's something for everyone. Once the word starts to spread you'll have them flocking in.

Sarah Ahiers said...

Woo Hoo!!! Fun times ahead!

Maria Zannini said...

You guys are a lot more confident than I am. LOL.

But I'm willing to stick my neck out and see what happens. :)

Barbara Ann Wright said...

I'm with everyone else. You'll do great. You have ability out the whazoo. Which is a great place to get ability from!

Maria Zannini said...

Barbara: I think my whazoo is always getting me into trouble. :)

Jackie Burris said...

It seems to be doing well so far Maria, wait till you have actual content and it will take off with all of us putting out notices on Twitter as everyone today is looking for smart tips on saving money! I know I am. :)

Maria Zannini said...

Jackie: I'm hoping if I did this right, I'll have useful content not just for the blog, but useful tweets that others can use to bring visibility to themselves as well as to me.

That's the plan, anyway.

Madeleine Maddocks said...

I can appreciate how a new blog would be stressful and I wish you good luck with it. I will hop over and have a look.

Suzanne Brandyn said...

Hi Maria,
I'm also off to take an inquisitive peek. :) All the best with it,

Suzanne :)

Southpaw said...

New ventures are always so darn stressful but exciting too. I'm off to take a peak too.

Melissa McClone said...

Good luck with the new blog! Can't wait to see it!

Maria Zannini said...

@Madeleine
@Suzanne
@Holly
@Melissa

The real test will be next week. Just how spectacularly can I fall on my face? LOL. We'll find out.

Cate Masters said...

Exciting! Don't worry, you have a good start to it already. Blogs are malleable and can adapt to whatever you need them to be. You're sharp enough to figure it out!

Clarissa Draper said...

Heading there to join now.

Maria Zannini said...

Cate: The trick is to balance it all--and I'm a klutz.


Clarissa: Thanks!

Shelley Munro said...

How exciting. I look forward to visiting.