https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Chat Facts: Writing Sizzling Sex Scenes

Coyote Con is almost here!
 
Some things you should know before the fun begins.

• Do register ahead of time. There were some snafus signing in with GTalk and Facebook earlier. Poor, tireless Joely Burkhart got all pittbull with her chat host and straightened them out. Still, Murphy's Law being what it is, sign in early and avoid the rush.

Coyote Con is absolutely free. You can't beat that with a stick.

• The con starts Friday evening, October 26. 

• My workshop on Writing Sizzling Sex Scenes is on Saturday, October 27 from 7:30pm to 8:30pm. This is EASTERN (New York) time, so set your world watches accordingly.

• Stop what you're doing and sign up! It's FREE! KS Augustin and I have put together one heck of a program. We worked hard so you don't have to. :grin:

• Prizes! All attendees to our workshop are automatically put into a drawing for free books. 

• It's quite possible Iko will make an appearance on the chat. I'll have to check with his publicist first.

There are lots of other workshops, but of course, ours is the naughtiest. I hope you'll stop by. It's only an hour.


Next week: 
Review of Torchwood I forgot it was Halloween week, so instead we'll have a ghost story.
State of the Homestead And I also have a guest pre-scheduled 11-1-12 so it looks like next week's program will go up the following week.

***

Casual Questions: I've been thinking of doing a newsletter for a while, but I don't want it to be strictly about my books. I'd like it to be more about me, the homestead and frugal living. (and the occasional book mention when I have something releasing.)

If I created such a newsletter would you subscribe? Be honest. It's okay if you don't, but let me know why. It'll give me a better grasp of what I'm up against.

Would you mind if I only blogged once a week (on both blogs) and put my other news in the newsletter once a month?



16 comments:

Angelina Rain said...

I was already planning on showing up to your event, but heck!, if Iko is coming I HAVE to be there!

I would read your newsletter.

Maria Zannini said...

Angelina: Well, you know, Iko is so busy these days, but I'll try to lure him with cookies. :)

Angela Brown said...

Yep. I would read your newsletter.

Maria Zannini said...

Angela: I worry about you, Brown. I think you'd read the back of a cereal box if someone put it in front of you.

Thanks!

LD Masterson said...

Sure. But I'd still bug you with e-mails to see what you're up to. You know about me and patience.

L.G.Smith said...

I signed up for the naughty event. Looking forward to it. :)

And about the newsletter...isn't that what the blog sort of does already?

Maria Zannini said...

Linda: I'm going to have to keep an eye on you. You know too much about me already.


***

LG: Oh, good. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Ref: newsletter
Yes and no. My aim is to do less blogging, and share more diverse information through the newsletter.

I really detest newsletters that do nothing but plug books. I want it to have interesting info--stories, anecdotes, and tips.

It's more work to gather these things, but once a month or quarterly might be doable.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I think I would enjoy reading something like that.

Sarah Ahiers said...

Yes i would definitely subscribe. I love your homesteading posts!

Jennifer Shirk said...

Yes, I would definitely subscribe!!

I don't think I can pop in to your workshop...trying to get ready for the hurricane and not sure if we will need to leave or not.

Stacy McKitrick said...

I don't sign up for anyone's newsletter, because I don't read them. Sorry, but you wanted the truth, right??

I also don't do chats and so I will not be at the con. I'd be lucky to remember anyways. I'm not always on line, you know? If it were an e-mail class, I'd sign up in a heart-beat, though!

Maria Zannini said...

Susan: I find of all the newsletters I read, the ones with more diverse content are the ones I keep. So that's what I'm aiming for.

***

Sara: That seems to be very popular. Still thinking about it. I want to do it right if I do it at all.

Maria Zannini said...

Stacy: I like to "listen in" on chats, but this'll be the first time I host one. Some have pretty solid information. I even started following a few people because of them.

Maria Zannini said...

Jennifer: Oh, Lord, Jennifer, do be careful. I've been tracking that storm and it does seem headed your way.

I hope you've stocked up on water and supplies--just in case.

Good luck, hon.

Jackie Burris said...

Subscribe to newsletter: You write it and I'll read it!

Chat am not going to make thanks to slow connection on Internet those do not work well but know it will be a blast and hope you have fun!

Maria Zannini said...

Jackie: LOL. Thanks, Jackie.