https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Coyote Con: Writing Sex Scenes

Another whirlwind week ahead with a first for me to boot. This Saturday, I've agreed to co-lead a workshop (with KS Augustin) on writing (romantic) sex scenes at Coyote Con, an entirely online workshop.

Coyote Con is absolutely free, but you must register. The con starts Friday evening, October 26. My workshop on Writing Sizzling Sex Scenes is on Saturday, October 27 from 7:30pm to 8:30pm. This is EASTERN (New York) time, so set your world watches accordingly. 

For me, that will be 6:30pm, and I'll be on pins and needles the whole time because I'm terrified my internet will fail on me. My provider emailed me last week to say they'll be upgrading towers for the next couple of weeks and may result in downtime. I'm hoping they'll leave Saturday alone.

Anyway, go and sign up! It's FREE! And Kaz and I will provide you with stimulating entertainment on one of my favorite topics. Who knows? We may even give you some food for thought.

And everyone who attends our workshop is in a drawing for free books from our back lists. Win-Win!

I'll be sure to remind you again before the con.

***

This Thursday, I'm hosting Angela Brown and Gwen Gardener on their Partners in Paranorm YA blog tour. They wrote an extra special blog post for you.

So lots to see this week. I hope you'll plan to see us, both here and at Coyote Con.

***

Have you attended Coyote Con before? Will you be able to stop in and participate at our "Writing Sizzling Sex Scenes" chat? This is my very first chat and I could use the moral support.


17 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

I had not heard of Coyote Con! Very cool!

L.G.Smith said...

Oh, cool. I could use a workshop on that. Seriously, my sex scenes are pretty lame. Some days I think it would probably be better to cut them out entirely and make the relationship platonic. :PP

Maria Zannini said...

Jennifer: It's been around a couple of years. It's a great way to network in your pajamas. :)

***

LG: Stop in by all means. Reviewers always love my sex scenes so I must be doing something right. ;-) This is my way of giving back.

Angela Brown said...

Look out now. After having read Mistress of the Stone, I can say you do right some steamy sex scenes so you certainly have some knowledge to share. I'm hoping I can attend...now that my special self realizes it's an online conference. Yeah...don't ask me what I've been thinking lol!!

Thanks for the mention of the upcoming post for PIP :-)

Sarah Ahiers said...

Awww! i really wish i could attend this! But saturdays are generally a no-go for me for internet related things.
Good luck, though! And i'll cross my fingers for your internet reliability

Melissa McClone said...

I haven't heard of Coyote Con before. I'll check it out. Hope your Internet is working!!!!

BTW, I'm still under the weather. But I have your box ready to go. So sorry for the delay. This has hit hard and I'm doing only the bare necessities and have been for a few weeks now.

Maria Zannini said...

Angela: I hope you can make it. There's lots of different workshops available.

***

Sarah: There might be transcripts available after the workshops, but I'm not sure.

Maria Zannini said...

Melissa: You never mind about that box. Just get better. I know how horrible bronchitis can get.

Ref: Coyote con
You can't beat free, plus you can just sit back and absorb the information in your jammies. :)

Rebekah Loper said...

That looks awesome!

Now, why does it have to be the last weekend before NaNoWriMo (ML duties call!), and on the night when I'm going to the ballet?

Good luck, Maria, wish I could 'be' there!

Barbara Ann Wright said...

Sounds awesome. I'll be out of town, but I'm sure you'll do wonderfully well.

Maria Zannini said...

Rebekah: It'll be on all weekend, so I hope you'll catch a little of it.

***

Barbara: You'll miss the clown show! I'm already getting my clown nose ready. :)

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Good luck. Wish I could be there, but I have company for the weekend and don't expect to be online much.

Angelina Rain said...

I love writing sex scenes! Can you tell by the content of my releases? ;-)

I'll try to check out Coyote Con and show my support.

LD Masterson said...

Okay, I feel stupid. I didn't realize this conference was online.

I've got my dad coming here for the weekend but I'm going to register and try to park him somewhere for an hour at least so I can be there for your panel.

Mike Keyton said...

You're spared my input, Maria. I'll be in Lyon during the period. French food or sizzling sex scenes. Depends on the mood I guess : ) Good luck all. May the force be with you.

Maria Zannini said...

Susan: Aw, that's too bad. Judging by the roster, it looks to be a good lineup of topics.

***

Angelina: LOL. Well, it's sex, but not the kinky stuff. Hope you won't be disappointed.

Maria Zannini said...

Linda: You're a good friend. Thank you!

***

Mike: Why do I get the feeling you'll be having a better time than I will? Eat a croissant for me.