https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Monday, December 24, 2012

The End is Nigh

Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope by the time you read this you'll be exactly where you need to be. This will be my last post for the year. I won't be back until January 7th, but I'll be posting on Back to Basics so I hope you'll stop by and visit in between the relatives and eggnog.

But today we have winners from all the giveaways we had in the DIY Christmas 2012 blogfest. If you see your name, you'll be getting an email soon from my guest bloggers.

Winners

Carol Kilgore won an ebook from Shelley Munro's back list. Carol, Shelley's on vacation, so I'll be emailing you her address.

Angela Brown won a copy of Caught in Amber from Cathy Pegau

Suzanne Brandyn won  a copy of Giving Up the Ghost from Gwen Gardner

Terri Bruce won a pack of pet toys from Barbara Wright

Mina Burrows won her choice of ebooks from Angela Brown

Raelyn Barclay won her choice of ebooks from my back list from LD Masterson

Susan Gourley Brown won her choice of an ebook from my back list.

Congratulations to the winners! I hope you enjoy your goodies. And thanks to my fabulous guest bloggers. You guys have the best Christmas ideas!

***

But what about the future, Maria?

Glad you asked. I may be quiet, but I haven't been still. This is what my crystal ball tells me.

• I predict there will be even more indie-published authors in 2013.

• We'll continue to see sub-par books, but also great books. 

• Indie book covers will begin to surpass the quality produced by traditional publishers. (Big sigh of relief from me. It makes me hurt for those authors when they get ugly covers.)


***

That's it for me. Visit me on Facebook or Back to Basics. Email me if you need a cover designed. And wait for me to come back on January 7th. I have a big surprise planned especially for my writer friends. My gift to you for the new year.

Have a wonderful holiday, everyone. It's been a pleasure talking with you throughout the year. I'll be visiting your blogs while I'm on hiatus. Love you guys.

33 comments:

Dru said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

B.E. Sanderson said...

Merry Christmas, Maria! See you in '13! =o)

Mike Keyton said...

The very best, Maria. Hmm, omit that comma and it becomes a eulogy : )

Stacy McKitrick said...

Merry Christmas, Maria! See you next year :)

Jennifer Shirk said...

Merry Christmas!!

Maria Zannini said...

Dru: I'm glad this year is over. LOL.

***

BE: Heaven knows what 2013 will bring, but I'm ready. :)

Maria Zannini said...

Stacy: I imagine you'll be the one on Bruce Willis's arm. :)

***

Mike: You are too kind. Thank you. And happy birthday!!

***

Jennifer: Mad woman! How do you manage it all and still visit blogs? Merry Christmas, hon.

Carol Kilgore said...

Thanks to all the authors and congrats to all the winners. I'll be happy to get a book from Shelley :)

Merry Christmas!

Rula Sinara said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Jackie Burris said...

Merry Christmas Maria, congratulations to the winners and here is to a safe beginning to a brighter New Year for all of us!

Gwen Gardner said...

Merry Christmas, Maria, to you and Greg and the pups.

Congrats to the winners! I need Susan's email address. Thanks!

Angela Brown said...

YAY!!! This is a wonderful surprise. I get to be a giver and a receiver of gifts. Hot beans and cornbread!

Have a very Merry Christmas and a most joyful New Year. Hugs to the boys...all three and let's not forget Mama and the chickens and oh...just love to the whole homestead lol!!

Maria Zannini said...

Carol, I will email you in a bit and send you Shelley's email. Congrats!

Maria Zannini said...

Rula! So nice to see you here. Merry Christmas!

Maria Zannini said...

Jackie: I double your sentiment. It's been a rough year. But hope never fades around here. Here's to a brighter 2013.

Maria Zannini said...

Gwen: Suzanne is on the other side of the world, but I messaged her on Facebook so hopefully we'll hear from her soon.

Merry Christmas and thank you for joining us this year.

Maria Zannini said...

Angela, you are well-named. You're my angel. I hope you and Chipmunk have a wonderful Christmas.

Maybe you'll come up and visit the homestead in 2013.

Barbara Ann Wright said...

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Sarah Ahiers said...

Congrats to all the winners!
And have a wonderful rest of the year, Maria!!

Maria Zannini said...

Barbara: And to you and your family too. Hope everyone is cozy and warm.

***

Sarah: If I can get over these sniffles, I'll be happy as a clam.

Cate Masters said...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas Maria! And it was white - woot! ;)
Hope you're feeling better soon.

Maria Zannini said...

Cate: Thankfully, the white stuff was temporary. LOL. But it was pretty while it lasted.

Tammy Theriault said...

wow, looks like i missed out on some fun! hi, maria. new follower here!

Maria Zannini said...

Welcome, Tammy! Glad you could join us.

Amy Jarecki said...

Hi Maria - Thanks for following my blog! It looks like you've got quite an exciting one here and I look forward to following your posts in 2013!

Amy

raelynbarclay said...

Wow, thanks.

Hope you had a fabulous Christmas and am wishing you an even better 2013!

Maria Zannini said...

Amy: Welcome. We always have something going on here!

Maria Zannini said...

Raelyn: You're welcome. Email me whenever you can catch a breather from your wee beasties. :)

Happy New Year!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I'm so excited to be a winner. Touch of Fire would be my choice for a backlist book. Thanks millions.

Maria Zannini said...

Susan: Your wish is my command. I sent a little something extra too. :)

Happy New Year!

James Garcia Jr. said...

And we love you right back, my friend. Thanks for visiting my blog during your time off. As you know I am on vacation for another week. So Awesome! I just wanted to drop by and wish you a very Happy New Year.
Talk to you soon.
Your buddy from Central Calif.
-Jimmy

Maria Zannini said...

Jimmy: Thank you for popping in. Enjoy that vacation. You need all the Jimmy-time you can muster.

Cate Masters said...

Hope you had a wonderful holiday, Maria! Wishing you, Greg and the boys all the best this year.
Oo, a surprise? Can't wait. :)