https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Indies 4 Hire FB Event Starts Today!

Today is the start of my very first Facebook event. I'm even ditching yoga to be on hand all day. Yoga, people! I hardly ever ditch yoga, so you know this must be important.

It probably also has to do that I'm recovering from a GRUELING weekend raking a couple of acres and trimming hedges. I think my poor hands are in a permanent clenched position. 

This is the time of year when we flip-flop back and forth on temperature so I take advantage of the good weather when I can. A State of the Homestead update is coming next week. I am giddy with Spring Fever.

But today I trade my overalls for reading glasses and talk shop. Indies 4 Hire (the clever name Gwen Gardner thought up) starts at noon EST (NY time) and lasts all week. 

Every day I'll post at least one topic for discussion. Chime in anytime. I love how you guys always stop by my infrequent Facebook posts so I hope you'll do the same here. I don't want to be talking to myself. My neighbors will think I've been swilling the juice again.

In the meantime, you can participate by telling others about the week long event. Below is a Rafflecopter form that Gwen, the Saint made up for us. I call her the saint because I bugged her endlessly with questions and changes. I am not an easy person to work with--as those of you who've had that misfortune know well.

Prizes: We're not going to ask you to help us out without offering a bodacious bribe. Heavens! That would be uncivilized.

The way I understand it, you get points for every time you tweet, or post on Facebook or your blog. Prizes range from partial edits from Gwen to header or blog badge designs from me.


There will be multiple winners for the blog badges and blog/Facebook header. I will create a custom-designed blog badge or header (depending on which you've won).

Gwen is giving away a 25 page, or 50 page edit, or a formatted novel. 

We didn't skimp on the prizes.  

Tell your friends and join the Indies 4 Hire Event here. You could win some awesome stuff. 

***

I know the UK is covered in snow and so is part of the US. But the Aussies are enjoying their summer and Malaysia is almost finished with their monsoon season. What did you do this weekend? Were you shoveling snow or wearing shorts?

Do you take advantage of the weather when you can or do you stay committed to your writing cave regardless of the weather?


a Rafflecopter giveaway

22 comments:

Southpaw said...

I tweeted and cheered! Sadly, I'm not ready for any of your awesome prized yet but I will still promote!

LD Masterson said...

I don't tweet but I've got you on my blog today and did the FB share thing.

Heather Sutherlin said...

I have a question: How do we design fabulous FB covers or Twitter backgrounds? My twitter page looks ridiculous! I look at other author's websites with envy as they have their covers posted everywhere and I can't seem to figure out how they do it! Do we have to pay hundreds of dollars to site designers for this or is there a way to do it ourselves? - Sorry, that was apparently a rant and a few questions. Do I get bonus points for that? lol

Maria Zannini said...

Southpaw: You're a gem. Thanks!

Maria Zannini said...

Linda: Thank you! When it slows down a little I'll pop over to your blog.

Maria Zannini said...

Heather: The FB header art I did myself. (Tweet or blog about Indies 4 Hire and be in the running for a free FB header.)

But Twitter backgrounds are easy. Google Free Twitter backgrounds and you'll find loads of web sites that offer customizable templates.

It's very easy.

Heather Sutherlin said...

Awesome! thanks for that tip! I'll see what I can find, but would love to win some of your work so i can brag about it to all my writer friends! Fingers crossed :)

Jennifer Shirk said...

HOw fun! I tweeted and cheered too!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Such a great idea. I was out of town for the weekend and didn't get anything done around the homestead even though the weather was pretty good.

Gwen Gardner said...

Hah! The Saint, lol. I'm going to have to copy that quote. And asking lots of questions is how you learn. I'll bet you were that little girl in class, lol.....

Angela Brown said...

I'll tweet and chat as much as work allows. Today's chat was definitely a goldmine of shared information!

Maria Zannini said...

Heather: Those twitter templates are super easy. I need to redo mine too.

Maria Zannini said...

Jennifer: Thank you, sweetie!!

Maria Zannini said...

Susan: I wish I could go out of town for the weekend. I could use a vacation.

Maria Zannini said...

Gwen: Oh, darlin'. I could tell you stories about how I drove the nuns crazy. Some of them achieved sainthood putting up with me alone.

I was definitely THAT little girl. LOL.

Maria Zannini said...

Angela: Wasn't it great!! I was so pleased so many showed up, asked questions and shared their experiences.

The response was better than I ever expected.

Thank you for helping us spread the word.

Shelley Munro said...

I tweeted etc. :)

Shirley Wells said...

Coming in late here (when am I not late, LOL?) but I'm off to tweet. :)

Looking forward to the State of the Homestead update!

Sarah Ahiers said...

Spring Fever already?? It's not even February! (also, the high for us today is 0. And that's a warm up. Of course the wind chill is -25, so it really doesn't matter) (this is me being grumps because i'm cold)

Maria Zannini said...

Shelley: Thank you!

Maria Zannini said...

Shirley: Late is a relative term. :)
Glad you popped in.

Maria Zannini said...

Sarah: We've been fluctuating between the low 50s to 70s. This Thursday will be 80. Woo hoo! But that is unusual even for us.

I've got a room for you should you decide to take a vacation from the cold. :)