Maybe because too many things kept going wrong, or maybe because it was my birthday week, but I found myself at a point where I just wanted to be nice to myself for a change.
I'm a martyr. Well, not really. But I tend to suffer in silence for a long time before I'll complain. Over the weekend, I met my Waterloo.
Once Greg got here things improved greatly, and that's when I decided to stop pushing myself and treat myself kindly.
The best thing that happened was that he fixed my water lines. No more hauling water to the animals. Woo Hoo!!
It's funny how the simplest of pleasures can mollify me. I want to turn over a new leaf and spend a little time (and money) on myself for a change. Nothing drastic. Just a few new clothes and maybe a day at the hair salon once in a while.
I have a bad habit of doing without and I'm starting to scare myself in the mornings.
A little mini update of the last three days...
• We left the back door ajar allowing Tank and Nana to make their escape. Tank did his old man wandering, but Nana came to find us (we were in the back forty) and tattled on Tank. We nearly had heart attacks when we realized the door had been left open. Fortunately Tank didn't go far, and Maggie and Iko were unaware of the open door. Crisis averted!
• The baby goats are doing so much so much better. They are jumping and running around like normal little goatlings. The blind goat can see now! They are exactly two and half weeks old today.
• Both my heaters in the house went out at the same time. Greg hasn't figured out why yet. It's not a big deal since we haven't needed the heaters in a while. I only noticed it when I flipped the switch on accidentally and noticed it didn't come on.
• We bought custom blinds for the last remaining windows in the house. These things are expensive but I couldn't put it off any longer. Greg is happy. His den will finally have proper window coverings.
• Half my garden is in.
• My birthday was nice. Despite the lightning storms and losing power, it was good to have Greg home. Tank was so happy to see him. We stayed home and I made dinner. Greg brought me a cake from my favorite bakery in SE Texas.
Do you ever reach a point where enough was enough and you make a conscious effort to change it? If you could change anything about your circumstances right now, what would it be? I'll see if I can send a little extra Karma your way.
The Things You Find in the Clearance Aisle - I confess that I am a shameless clearance hound. The Kroger grocery store down the street from where I practice yoga is one of my favorite haunts after fin...
2 months ago