Bony Needs a Home

I think I'm being tested.

Yesterday, sitting on my front step was an old male rottweiler. He was thin as a bone and when he got up he staggered. I truly believe he was a few days from death.

The weather had turned for the worst that day. Winter had finally arrived in Texas and it was bitterly cold and windy. We brought the poor dog in and fed him. In the meantime I made flyers and visited the nearest vet to see if anyone was looking for him.

Here's my dilemma. I have a male rottie, Tank. And while the Tankster is a big sweetie, he's never been particularly fond of other male dogs. There haven't been any altercations because "Bony" as I call him now is too frail.

We will keep him over the holidays because there will always be someone here watching them, but if there is ANYONE who can take pity on a really sweet older dog, email me. I will gladly pay for his shots and a vet visit if someone would be willing to care for this grandfather in his last years.

Bony is a very nice dog. I think he is deaf and he has a limp. He's probably about 9-10 years old which means he still has 2-4 years left in him with the right people. All he wants is a little TLC. He's been a sweetheart since he's been here and doesn't ask for anything. His appetite is good and he appears to be housebroken because he waits to go out.

Bony is not aggressive at all. As a matter of fact, he's remarkably good tempered. He seems to like everyone, including pets. Here's a picture of him.

If you have any room for an older dog with a good heart, email me.


Comments