Cheap Tricks: Use CLEP to Save Time and Money on Tuition

Have you heard of CLEP?

University was a long time ago for me, but somehow I learned about CLEP and it saved me big bucks in the long run. I was an older student so I didn't want to sit through a class where my knowledge base was already solid, so I opted for a few tests I knew I'd ace.

I passed not only four semesters of Spanish, but English and History as well. It allowed me to finish University in three years instead of four, plus gave me the luxury of taking electives just for the fun of it.

It's May, so kids and adults might be thinking of the new school year ahead. If college is in your stars, consider taking a CLEP test. It's not for everyone, but if your situation fits, it could save you time and money.

Go here for more information.

Have you ever tried CLEP? I honestly enjoyed my experience. They were the most stress-free tests I've ever taken. It was just me, an enclosed cubicle, and headphones.





Save

Comments

Mike Keyton said…
Outside of my experience but because I like the sound of my own voice I'll simply say 'No comment' :)
Maria Zannini said…
Mike: Is there any such program in the UK? I'm always surprised no one ever talks about CLEP. I don't even remember how I learned about it, but I'm glad I did.
LD Masterson said…
Hmm. Maybe for the one going into the Marines, if he wants to do college later. I'll tuck that away. Thanks.
Maria Zannini said…
Linda: It was hugely helpful to me, plus it gave me the chance to splurge on electives I wouldn't have otherwise tried.
Susan Gourley said…
All my children took advanced placement courses in high school. If you score high enough on the exam, you earn college credits. My daughter earned credit equal to 3 semesters of college. She still went to college for 4 years, but earned two degrees and a minor in Arabic so it was well worth it.
Maria Zannini said…
Susan: I remember those advanced placement tests! I can't remember which ones I took. Way too long ago. :D
lv2trnscrb said…
My hubby took the CLEP test; I do remember it helped with something with what he had to take course wise, but how it helped, that I don't remember :)

betty
Maria Zannini said…
Betty: Mine was a long time ago too, but it was nice. The proctor put me in this little enclosed cubicle, and handed me some headphones. The tests questions were recorded. Hearing a human voice is probably what made it so relaxing for me.