Anniversary Postponed, Chaos in Progress

It doesn't look quite this bad, but it feels like it.    Image

Today is our 47th wedding anniversary, but celebrating is on hold for at least a week. The tile guys should be here tomorrow.

We've been busting our butts moving appliances, furniture and breakables from the work area. Whereas the furniture on the other side of the house is big and bulky, most everything on this side of the house is on sliders.

Our only real chore while the workers are here is to keep the dogs from going insane. I plan a lot of walks for them. Maybe it'll be a good thing. If they see we're not bothered with welcomed strangers maybe they'll get used to it too.

Actually, my only real concern will be during the demolition. They'll likely leave the doors open a lot as they move in and out. More risk of scorpion entry. Since it'll take 2-3 days to tear up the floor, I'm in for some anxiety until the floor is sealed again and doors remain closed.

I'll feel better next Wednesday when they should be done and we can move everything back.

I probably won't post a blog next week. My desktop is trapped on the opposite side of the work-in-progress so I won't have access to email or graphics.

It's chaotic, but I'm trying to see beyond next week. 

Happy anniversary to my honey. I have renewed your contract for another year. Well done!

Comments

Dru Ann said…
Happy Anniversary!

Good luck with all the chaos that you have to deal with. I hope the scorpions leave you alone. Hope the dogs do as well.
Happy Anniversary! :)

I hear you about all the chaos (minus the scorpions!) We're dealing with some minor damage due to Hurricane Ian, and we had to move everything out of my office and into the main part of the house. The whole thing is wreaking havoc with my mental health, but so many people have it worse so I'm trying to keep it all in perspective. You hang in there!
Maria Zannini said…
Dru: Thank you, Dru. Just a few more things to do and then we'll be ready.
Maria Zannini said…
Madeline: Oh, Madeline! I had forgotten you lived in Florida. I hope the damage wasn't too bad. It does put a monkey wrench into a regular routine. You can't find anything because it's buried somewhere else.

Take care, hon. I hope you can get back to normal soon.
Mike Keyton said…
Happy Anniversary you two. And hopefully the present chaos will soon be a memory, one you may be able to laugh at in months to come. I’m glad Greg’s had his renewal for another year
Angela Brown said…
All the life happening aside, Happy Anniversary!!!

Finding a love for a lifetime is a beautiful thing beyond human measure. Whenever you get to celebrate, may it be fantastic for what you two enjoy!
Maria Zannini said…
Mike: It's always unsettling trying to fit 3 rooms of furniture in a tiny space. But I think we did it.

I'll be glad when this is over.
Maria Zannini said…
Thanks, Angela. He's a good guy, albeit a little hard headed.