Busy Week

No helpful post today. I'm anticipating a stressful week. We have family visiting us at the end of the week, but before that, Odin goes back for eye surgery.

I'm worrying because I'm afraid the vet staff will try to manhandle Odin because he's aggressive with strangers. I'm going to ask if they'll let me take him in and out of his kennel so everyone is less afraid. I'm hoping they'll agree, but every clinic has its policy. Most don't like clients in their inner sanctum.

I'm not much to look at, but Odin thinks the sun rises and sets because of me so he minds me pretty well.

I just don't want him hurt and become even more distrustful. It's a vicious circle I'm trying to break.

To put icing on the cake, I got federal jury duty! I think that's in a couple of weeks. Something else to look forward to.

Hope your week is more peaceful. Wish us luck at the vet.

Comments

Angela Brown said…
Wishing you the best at the vet!🤗🙏🏾🐶
Mike Keyton said…
I’ve forgotten, Maria how did poor Odin get distrustful? I hope Al goes well. Ref Jury duty all my life I’ve waited for the call. Perhaps we could swap ��
Unknown said…
Hope all goes well with Odin. So stressful. I can’t imagine what Federal jury will be like. Keep us posted. Enjoy your company. Love you guys. Beth
Maria Zannini said…
Mike: I think it was a combination of not being socialized due to our forced isolation. We couldn't take him anywhere in those first critical months when a puppy is learning his surroundings. By the time we could take him out, his mind was set.
Maria Zannini said…
Beth: This is my second time being called for Federal Jury. I didn't get picked last time. We'll see if my luck holds.

Say a few prayers for Odin. I want this to go smoothly.