Almost Out Of The Woods



Back in the real world, we are nearly out of the tangle of surgeries, storms, and living out of touch with the rest of humanity.

The internet is still dodgy. I have to call them today and get them to tighten the guide wires. Every time the wind waggles the receiver we lose the internet.

To put it in perspective, just to write this post took 4 hours. It's a pain.

Odin

Odin is doing great. He is so happy and no longer in agony. 

If his lids don't turn again we're home free. A couple more months will tell us if we succeeded.

Between Odin and no internet so much has piled up. I'm still trying to catch up.

If I owe you a letter or a project bear with me. 

One last piece of news on the home front:

We bought a truck to replace our 25 year old workhorse.

Aside from sticker shock, we were inundated with tech overload.

The truck console looks like the controls of the space shuttle, including a heads up display like a fighter plane. All we're missing are the missiles. Ha!

It's extremely comfortable, yet it can pull a trailer. The best of both worlds.

***

Hopefully, we'll be back to normal soon. It took them weeks to put up the new receiver. No telling how long it will take them to return.

I'm getting used to living without internet but it would make life easier if it were back without it wafting in and out. It's about as useful as a lead brick.

Happy thoughts though. Things are moving in the right direction at least.


Any time you make a purchase using any of my Amazon links it rewards me with a few cents. This goes a long way to keep this blog active. Thank you.

 

Comments

Mike Keyton said…
Great news about Odin, and I'm glad everything else is gradually sorting itself out. Here's wishing you quieter times
Robin King Hunt said…
Hi Maria-
I do enjoy your posts. Wishing you a speedy time through the trials and tribulations. Last week I took 2 of my grandsons to Dallas for a couple of days of fun and I found myself back at Embassy Suites on I-35! I was overjoyed and my grandsons picked up on that and begged to stay longer. So many great memories came flooding back! Was that really over 25 years ago???
Best wishes-
Robin
Luba A Meader said…
Hello dear friend...this is your daily reminder that you are an incredible person and with all the hub-bub goings on at your place, you're making it work. BTW Maria, nice photo of Odin, he looks great!! Although it sounds like you're still dealing with a few minor issues, at the moment. Your description of your new truck made me break out in giggles with all the work at your place you'll have it figured out in no time.
Maria Zannini said…
Robin: I still have fond memories of that place myself. Greg always said: Enjoy it. They'll never treat you this good again. And he was right. LOL!

Maria Zannini said…
Luba: The suv is kind of neat. We wanted something that could not only tow a trailer but be comfortable enough for long trips. But talk about gizmos. I had no idea vehicles had gotten so high tech.